Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I really don't understand the FAFSA

So I didn't qualify for any aid last year because I "made too much" and I get that, but this year I barely made 12k. this is under the amount needed to qualify for grants, but when I filled out my FAFSA, this year it says I am also not qualified for aid this year. I will get loans again.... This really blows. I thought these grants were for students who don't make enough money. I have sent in about 4 or 5 scholarship applications, but don't really expect to win any. I am still trying to clean up my transcrips from my last attempt at school, so my GPA is a 2.5 or so. Most scholarships want at least a 3.0 GPA. I think once I am outta school, I'm gonna start my own scholarship. It will most likely only be for about $500, but everything helps when your in school. This I know first hand. I have to be so strict with my money right now. That I can't even get things that I truly need. I really need a new computer because mine keeps acting up. I want a MAC, but they are quite pricy. I am thinking about applying for their credit to get one, but don't know if they will approve me. I haven't used credit in over 4 years. I dred doing it again. As a student, you do get a student discount, but thats still expensive. The great thing about being an older student, is I do qualify for a non traditional grant at my school and the first semester it was $800 and this semester it was $1000.
I am still trying to find a job and may apply for a program at the college that helps a summer high school program. I really need some income soon because starting next month or maybe even 2 weeks I'm going to have to start paying for internet. That will be another $50 a month. grr!
On Monday I had a test in my world civ class and hoped to get it back today, but they are still not graded. I skipped communication again because i still can not figure out what I want to speak about. I really hate "persuasive" speeches. I never know what to talk about or even what topic to chose. I really don't care what these people think and don't care if they agree with me or not.
Oh well, I guess I need to start working on this right now so I can speak on Friday...

No comments:

Post a Comment