Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Finally, some progress

      So today I finally got off my butt and worked on my paperwork.... I filled out two applications to substitute. One was online and took about an hour and the other one I had to print out and fill out.... It would not let you type it online then print it... Um isn't this 2013? Why I couldn't fill it out online is a mystery to me. It was also 5 pages long... 2 pages shorter than the application if I wanted a "regular" teaching job instead of a Sub job.... It took some time to fill out as well. So once these were done, I moved on to working on my licensure paperwork and hit a road-block when I realized I was still missing one of my old college's transcripts and they never responded to my email of "can I pay the fee online, instead of sending you my credit card number written down on this random sheet of paper?" Well for anyone who is into mail-theft.... somewhere in the mail system is my paperwork filled out with my credit card number and all the "important" information just written out, waiting for someone to charge the $300 left on my card.... Good times! I also had to reprint my FBI fingerprint sheet because I have misplaced it and realized that one of the items listed on there was from a year ago, and I can't figure out what the code stands for. Yesterday I thought it was the finger prints that had expired, so I got them redone, however realized I may not need them... Hopefully I can save the $20 or whatever it is to get it processed and use my previous ones that expire in March.
      On a HUGE down turn of events today, I was filling out my DoDEA application (for teaching at schools on military bases) when I realized that one of my Praxis scores is one point less than their minimum requirement for employment..... I was crushed. Now I have to figure out whether to retake the test (which I will have to pay for) or continue with the application "AS-IS" and hope for the best, in addition to writing an awesome cover letter that is basically begging them to give me a chance.... I am waiting for some paperwork on this application, so I have some time to decide  although not sure how much it will cost to retake that test, or if I have the money to pay for it..... Considering I have the awesome income of about $60 a week to live on. :-/ I guess that's what tomorrow is for... figuring things out..... that and calling about getting my car fixed after getting hit about 6 months ago (long story, that I may tell later).... Well today has been the day where it seems like as soon as you clean out your inbox, someone fill it back up..... double.





No comments:

Post a Comment